The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
February 3, 2010
CFP: Crime and Punishment in Modern Europe, 1870-1990
"The German Historical Institutes in Washington and London are organizing an international conference on the history of criminal justice in modern Europe from 1870 to 1990. ... The conveners are soliciting proposals for papers presenting historical research on the legal, political, cultural, and social history of criminal justice, including but not limited to the following aspects:
– the social and cultural history of criminal justice
– the history of the criminal law and penal policy
– the history of the criminal trial
– the history of penal reform
– the role of gender in criminal justice
– the history of juvenile justice
– the history of prisons
– criminal justice and medicine/science
– criminal justice and the welfare state
– the relationship of criminal justice to political cultures, systems, and ideologies
– criminal justice and the history of the legal profession."
Submission deadline: February 15, 2010.
Further information: H-Net Announcements.