The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
October 7, 2010
CFP: Roth and Women - Special Issue of Philip Roth Studies
Possible areas for investigation could include, but are not limited to:
• Roth's representation of female fictional characters;
• feminist criticism of Roth's fiction;
• female 'types' in Roth’s oeuvre;
• sexual politics in Roth's fiction;
• gender theory in relation to Roth's fiction;
• Roth's alleged misogyny;
• the representation of actual women in Roth's life (e.g. Bess Roth, Margaret Martinson, Janet Hobhouse, Claire Bloom) in his writing".
Submission deadline: January 31, 2011.
More information: Call for Papers website.