The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
January 5, 2011
CFP: Child abuse and labour in India
Date: March 25-26, 2011
Submission deadline for abstracts: January 10, 2011
Description: "The relevance of the topic for the seminar lies in the growing awareness all over the world about the menacing dimensions and implications of Paedophilia and child labour. Its impact has assumed staggering positions as the child loses its childhood and its dignity. ... This event in the form of UGC – National Seminar is an attempt to focus on a very sensitive issue because the children and childhood across the world has been construed in terms of a golden age that is synonymous with innocence, freedom, joy, play and the like. Our Seminar will emphasize academic interaction to encourage innovative approaches to incorporate both empirical and theoretical contributions and work that considers the concern of children. ... We welcome papers that deal with the history of children and youth from all periods of time. The themes of seminar include, but are not limited to:
1. Children’s rights
2. Paedophilia: National and International Milestones
3. Childhood and educational reform
4. Concerns of childhood in domestic and transnational politics
5. Perspectives on the politics of apology (for mistreatment of indigenous children and children in institutions)
6. Child Labour and Constitutional Jurisprudence
7. Sexual abuse and Trafficking in India
8. Laws and Policies for Protection of the Child
9. Child labour in unorganized sectors
10. Social and cultural practices regarding girl child: foeticide
11. Institutional Mechanism (NGOs) for Protection of the children rights."
More information: Arya College.