The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
February 7, 2011
CFP: War languages: images and propaganda between the imperialistic climax and the decline of Europe (1890-1950)
Place: University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Date: September 29-30, 2011
Submission deadline for proposals: Februar 15, 2011
Description: »CIHBE II will reflect on war images and propaganda between 1890 and 1950. Its aim is to give an account of and analyse different ways in which contemporary war phenomena have been represented and how they have been disseminated during a particular historical moment in the development of war in a civilized and dominant Europe, between 1890 and 1950.
Although the organizing committee will take into account other topics directly related to the aim of the Colloquium, it is understood that all views and approaches will analyse war “image, propaganda and discourse” between 1890 and 1950.
We welcome paper proposals on any of the following themes:
* Images of war combat, allies and enemies through war ideological posters.
* War documentaries and films as propaganda.
* Creation of images and discourses about war in written media.
* War rituals, ceremonies and public celebrations.
* Political and military war analyses.
* The role of the church in war discourse
* Radio and television war discourse
* The functions of war photography and photography at war
* Art as war propaganda«.
More information: Coloquio Internacional de Historia Bélica.