The bibliography provides information on writings dealing with the history of rape, including sexual child abuse, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, child prostitution, forced prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual(ized) violence. The blog informs about calls for papers, forthcoming events and new literature in this field.
October 8, 2011
CFP: Bodies on stage
Place: Mülheim/Ruhr, Germany
Date: June 7-10, 2012
Submission deadline: December 31, 2011
Description: »The 2012 CDE conference aims at exploring the broad variety of recent drama in English concerning corporeality – from the importance of actors or ensembles for the production and reception of plays to the discursive experiments written on and around bodies. We invite papers in English of 20 minutes length. Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
* writing for bodies: actors and their connection with playwrights
* different strategies of representing corporeality on stage
* explorations of gender, ethnicity, class and age by cross-casting
* typecasting, celebrity casting or casting against the grain
* suffering bodies, violence and nudity and their functions
* old media of the body versus new media
* grotesque bodies
In accordance with CDE’s constitutional policy, papers should deal exclusively with contemporary (i.e. post-Beckettian, post-1989) theatre and drama in English.«
More information: German Society for Contemporary Theatre and Drama in English.